Don't these snow flurries just put you in the mood for Christmas decorating? Ooh, it is so much fun! Today on Studio 5 we showed 5 unique countdowns, so there is a little something for everyone. Pick the one you love and order a kit or make it from scratch.
These first three calendars are being offered as kits so if you don't want the stress of designing your own, call and order one of these today. Kits will be available for pick up on November 24th so you will have the entire Thanksgiving weekend to put it together. Kits come with everything you need to make the project. We are also happy to ship kits if you don't live close to our stores.
The Muffin Tin- A few years back, we did a muffin tin countdown that we still get requests for. So, here is the 2010 version.
Kits are $28 and include the muffin tin, magnets and everything else you need.
If you would like to create this look on your own, here are some instructions:
Ingredients you need:
1 mini muffin tin with 24 holes
1 Sheet Echo Park Countdown Paper
5 12X12 Sheets Coordinating cardstock
1. Punch out circles from cardstock using a large circle punch that completely covers the muffin hole. Punch out Echo Park paper using a smaller scalloped punch.
2. Attach magnets to the top and bottom of each cardstock piece (on the back) so that they will stick to the muffin tin and hold a treat in place.
3. Decorate each circle as desired
4. Punch or drill a hole through the top of the tin and add ribbon as desired.
Magnet Board Countdown- The little vintage vignettes around the edge of this countdown are magnetic, so you can add one or pull one off each day of December. The center of this countdown is layered so the images stand out.
Kits are $26 and include the magnet board, magnets, and all the trimmings
Pocket Garland Countdown- this countdown is adorable hung on a mantle or banister. It is bright and fun and so easy to make.
Kits for this countdown are $18
To make this countdown on your own:
Ingredients you will need:
5 Sheets of Coordinating Cardstock
1 Sheet of Imaginisce Countdown Paper
Raffia for threading garland
Ribbon for tying between pockets
Sewing Machine or Stapler
1. Cut apart Imaginisce countdown paper so that numbers are each separate.
2. Cut strips of cardstock to match each number width.
3. Adhere numbers to fronts of pockets
4. Fold cardstock to create a pocket and either sew the edges of the pocket or staple the edges shut.
5. Punch holes in top corners of each pocket
6. Thread pockets onto raffia and tie knots of coordinating ribbon between pockets.
7. Stuff pockets with treats and goodies
(this is what the Imaginisce paper looks like)
We also made up 2 countdowns using some of the Kaisercraft wood pieces. These are so fun.
The box retails for $29.99 and it comes with the numbers. You can then paint it and add all the goodies to make it your own.
The Tree is also very fun. It retails for $34.99. To create this look, simply paint the tree (we recommend spray paint for all the little grooves), then tie treats and tags (we used the imaginisce paper cut up) with fun coordinating ribbon. So cute and so easy!